Group & Family Sessions
Camp Cardamom's group and family sessions expose guests of all ages to Ayurveda through a mix of culinary, cultural, and outdoor adventures.
In one of the loveliest corners of nature, we teach you how to find harmony within your body and within the world.
Camp Cardamom occupies its own wing of Cure Ayurvedic Resort, where we have 10 dorm rooms with private baths and three very large classrooms totaling around 15,000 square feet. The dorm rooms are clean and tastefully decorated with traditional block-print textiles. They have western-style toilets and hot water with bucket showers. This wing is used by our youth summer campers but is also available for the exclusive use of group batches on select summer dates. Each room has either four bunk beds or two full-sized beds. Individuals or parents who wish for more privacy may also arrange (for an extra charge) single rooms with double beds, decorated with hardwood furniture.
Classes, Activities & Excursions
Fun and educational programming led by highly trained instructors is central to the Camp Cardamom experience. Specific itineraries depend upon the age and preference of the guest and the duration of stay, but they are always designed to promote a deeper understanding of Ayurveda, Indian arts and culture, and the natural environment.
Kalari martial arts
Visual arts taught in our studio
Boating in traditional vellums
Sports such as football, cricket, and kabaddi
Cultural exchange with our partner tribal school (for youth summer campers)
- Swimming in waterfalls (we have exclusive permits to local swimming holes not available to tourists)
- Naturalist-guided treks through nearby wildlife sanctuaries
- Tours of spice forests and Ayurvedic gardens with our Ayurveda experts
- Visits to tribal communities in the neighboring mountains (we have exclusive permits not available to tourists)
- A visit to one of Marayoor’s jaggery makers for a taste of India’s best
Our guests will get the most out of our program if they stay for a week or more, but we can offer itineraries designed for shorter stays. Here is a sample itinerary for a 2-3 night visit:
1. A morning yoga session on our roof terrace with one of India’s great teachers
2. A guided visit to our test garden, where you are invited to help select some of your own vegetables, fruits and berries for your organic, Ayurvedic lunch. Visits to our cows for demonstration milking can also be arranged.
For family and group rates, dates, and availability, please contact us.